Tips To Create A Self-Care Routine #18
Practice this meditation when it is partially cloudy.
1) Find a quiet place outside, away from people, where you will not be disturbed. This could be in a park, on a hill, or at the beach. If this is not possible, sit on your porch or by a window, where you can see the sky.
2) If you are outside, either sit down on a rock or bench, or lie down on the grass.
3) Take care to look at a cloud in the opposite direction of the sun, so that you don’t look at the sun.
4) Take a few deep breaths, and then relax your body.
5) Look at the sky, choose a cloud, and fix your attention on it.
6) Notice the color of the cloud, its size and shape.
7) Watch the cloud, and follow it movement as it drifts in the sky.
8) Watch how the cloud changes its shape or dissolves.
9) Keep watching the cloud calmly, while disregarding the other clouds.
10) Just watch the cloud, without thinking about it, analyzing or commenting about what is happening. Whenever you discover that your attention has wandered away, bring it back to the cloud..
Duration: about 10 minutes.
Benefits of this meditation:
It strengthens the concentration ability, improves control of the attention, and increases calmness.